This is a thing I do. I recommend you just ONE Anime every Season.
Anime of this Season:
[Japanese Title: オールアウト!!]
I know what you’re thinking… “Ewww a sports anime?”.
I feel like this happens often and some great anime gets ignored just because they are sports anime. This also holds true for my favourite anime of ALL TIMES – Hajime no Ippo.
As a matter of fact, I feel like sports anime usually come out on top and does LOTS of things which your usual anime don’t do. Sure, there are anime like Kuroko no Basket, or Haikyuu or Free!! which receive lots of positive feedback, but still, some other sports anime usually gets ignored.
All Out!! is one of them. Another sports anime running this season is Yuri!!! on Ice which revolves around Ice Skating. All Out on the other hand is all about Rugby. I’m not a fan of Rugby but I really love where this anime is headed right now!
Why this Anime?
This anime has a nice ring to it right from the start. Watching it reminds me of one of the greatest anime in the industry – Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood. Not to mention, it’s also got a pipsqueak who’s quite self-conscious about his height! I’m gonna tell you why this Anime is on my top list this Season in 5 main points like usual:
- It’ll fill you up with energy! You might get pumped enough to try Rugby yourself after watching it.
- Basic humour – I would have this as a con instead of pro but basic humour is all you need in a story like this. Specially in the first few episodes. Going overboard gives you the wrong impression of what the anime actually is about.
- Beginning of something big. After you watch a lot of this Anime you will come back to first episode to re-watch it and be like… “This is where it began”. It’s that sort of anime.
- Interesting main character – The main character is a total noob when it comes to Rugby, and that makes the anime and his character all the more interesting! You fall in love with the sport right alongside the character himself.
- The OST – Oh man… I need to really, REALLY emphasize on the fact that some of the best OST belong to sports anime. I’ve spent countless hours of training while listening to Hajime no Ippo OST and the OST of All Out is just in the same league!
Anime similar to All Out are Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket, Free!!, Yuri!!! on Ice.
Now that I’ve told you about it, the only thing left for you to do is to go watch it!
In rugby, there is no ace striker, there is no number four batter, so who is the star of the team?
The story begins at school entrance ceremony of Kanagawa High School where Kenji Gion, a small but gutsy go-getter joins the rugby club. He joins with his classmate, Iwashimizu, who has a complicated past and sub-captain Hachiouji, who always takes good care of his Club members. Lastly, there is Captain Sekizan, who has overwhelming powers but keeps his cards close to his chest. With such differences in both personality and physical performance, the team must learn to work and grow together so they can become the best.
(Source: TMS Entertainment)